Nothing quite ushers in the crisp, cool air, and provides a more welcoming “Hello!” to the fall season than a fully blooming, vast sunflower field!
Sunflowers have such a magical quality of brightening anyone’s day, at least they do for me!
I have done sunflower sessions for many years now, and it’s something I look forward to every time. Each client that books with me always brings something different to their shoot. Whether it’s a special outfit, props, or just their unique and special energy, I always leave feeling extreme joy!
After many requests, I am happy to announce that I’ll be offering Sunflower Mini Sessions again this year! Starting October 17th for one week only, I will be offering 8 Mini Session slots at the sunflower fields located in Buckeye, Arizona.
These sessions will include a 30-minute time slot, 15 full resolution images delivered to you in an exclusive private, password protected gallery, head to toe posing from an expert photographer, and a session style of your choosing! Whether you’re taking photos for your senior pictures, family photos, engagement announcement, lifestyle/branding, maternity, or something else, I’m more than happy to bring your vision to life!
I will even help with outfit selection to make sure you and your friends/family are the very best dressed! I can send you Pinterest boards with outfit ideas so that shopping for your session is a breeze. My goal is to make your experience as stress-free as possible, so you can focus on what’s most important: having fun in front of the camera!
Neutrals, warm earth tones, blues, and oranges are all great clothing color options as they will stand out among the sunflowers. You can always send me what your planning to wear and I can help you better coordinate if needed!
If you’ve never had a photography session in a sunflower field before, here are some things you want to keep in mind!
1. Allow extra time so that you aren’t running late. (If you are late, you will forfeit some of your own session time, these sessions are back-to-back right before sunset so the timing is essential, don’t be late!).
2. Remember this is in a dirt field so you will get dusty and dirty (some cases even muddy).
3. Don’t wear something that you will be worried about getting dirty.
4. Color coordinate – don’t be matchy matchy.
5. This is supposed to be fun! Don’t over think it.
6. If this is a family session be ready to snuggle and love on your family, I can’t create connection, you have to do that.
7. Bring a blanket that coordinates with your outfits.
8. If this a branding, individual, senior session don’t forget your accessories that make you unique.
Your session will take place during the beautiful “golden hour” light, which makes everyone look sun kissed and glowing, and is truly the most flattering light!
I am only offering these Sunflower Mini Sessions for one week this year, with two sessions available per day, so spots are incredibly limited! If you have been loving my past photoshoots there that we have posed on Instagram, now is your chance to book your very own shoot! This is also a great way to get inspiration for outfits, styling, and to see my work.
Ready to book your very own session with Wendy Nolte Photography? See my available sessions and reserve your spot here.